Word on the street has it that the world will end on Saturday, May 21, 2001. The time has not been specified but one presumes the ETD of humanity is 0100 HRS GMT. Christian radio host Harold Camping has predicted that Christians will depart on this date; And the dregs of humanity, and the world as we apparently know it, by October 21, 2011.
Here is my checklist of things to do before the End.
– Light a spliff and hangout with Rainy, the street dog.
– Write a note to God thanking Him for a wonderful life.
– Call all the people I love to tell them I love them.
– Call all the people I hate and tell them I love them.
– Walk barefoot in the forest to feel the fresh earth beneath my feet; swim with the dolphins and whales; And ask forgiveness from the Trees, Animals, Birds and Marine life for having committed genocide on them.
– Bathe in a stream, pray to my ancestors and then lie down on a rock, close my eyes and wait for the end.
If nothing happens, I will repeat the check list when the next ETD of Humanity is scheduled.
And what will you do dear readers ?