Shah Rukh Khan: Bollywood actor Shah Rukh Khan, who arrived in the US to visit the Yale University, was detained for over two hours at a New York airport. He was the only one of his travelling group, which included Nita Ambani, to be stopped. This is not the first time Mr Khan has been stopped at an American airport. In 2009 also, he was stopped at the Newark airport and was released after a two hour grilling. (Image Courtesy: Michael Marsland/Yale University)
Shameful. I am talking about American Homeland Security at the international airports in the USA. Hang your head in shame…America is not the land of the Free and the brave…it is a nation that has become neurotic about anything that smells, feels, looks or even answers to anything Muslim! You ignorance precedes you.
These are some of the well known Indians (Muslims/others) who have been harassed at airports in the States:
01. Super Star Shah Rukh Khan held for extended questioning on two occasions.
02. Former President of India, President APJ Abdul Kalam, asked to remove his shoes when he had already boarded the plane. The shoes were returned after being checked for explosives!
03. Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel stopped for questioning after his name matched with a wanted person, probably a terrorist!
04. Meera Shankar Indian Envoy to Washington body searched.
05. India’s envoy to the UN, Hardeep Puri asked to remove his turban. The dumb Americans can’t make out the difference between a Sikh and a NWFP fellow. !
06. Aamir Khan strip searched.
07. Irfan Khan
08. John Abraham
10. Kabir Khan
The question that needs to be answered by the American Embassy in India –
You harass even respectable wealthy Indians, demanding 3 years’ IT returns, Bank Statements etc. and other details…and even after all this humiliation you strip search and/or detain for questioning at US Airports prominent Indians…why? It appears that the Visa issued by your Embassy is invalid when it comes to your Homeland Security which appears to be a power onto itself.
I think the Indian Government should now send a strong message to the US Authorities…we should do the same to prominent American citizens and Government officials who visit India…lets pat them down, detain them at the airports for hours just because we think they are in India to cause trouble.