September 23, 2012
Arrival and Departure
Arrival and Departure, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, random thoughts, writing
Words fall and scatter, rolling away like marbles. She looks, speechless. Life kicks within her crying to be let out. Gently she holds her stomach and whispers “Hush my baby, daddy will come home soon”, as she watches him walk away. Godspeed she shouts out in a voice breaking with sorrow.
He is gone carrying a gun to kill people in another land.
Now she lies legs apart screaming like a banshee in an antiseptic room with masked people around gently coaxing her, “Push, Push”. Suddenly there is a cry…”it’s a boy”.
On the other side of the world he lays face down in the bright lights of hatred and violence, his hands searching for his legs that lie somewhere else in the desert sand.
Life was ending just as it was beginning.
“Hush my baby, daddy will come home soon”
September 17, 2012
First day First Show That's it
First day First Show That's it, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, personal, random thoughts, writing
Pic by Mark Ulyseas
You twist, you turn, put your head under the pillow, shove it out of the window and yet that thing in the deep recesses of your mind remains embedded for a life time – a beautiful memory which can never be relived. First day, first show and that’s it. No second chance. The memory is framed with hope. It is all that remains of the day, a moment forever in eternity.
My mama said not to look back in pain, anger or joy. Never to look back. To look forward. To walk towards the ever shifting horizon. To let it be. Like the friends and lovers who have come and gone leaving residues of emotions like scattered crumbs of a baguette on a clean white table cloth, forming a symmetry of forgotten dreams.
The rainbow of thoughts floats through space nurtured by wishes. My head turns to the cerulean sky as the images dissolve into shadows of the night. I stand by the roadside watching the stars.
My mama said that a beautiful memory could never be relived.
But she never told me that I would have to carry it alone.
April 26, 2012
A Predicament, http://www.liveencounters.net, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, random thoughts, writing
There comes a time in one’s life to ask the question…
Who am I really?
And what am I doing to make this world just a little bit safer, happier and wonderful?.
This is my predicament today.
I cannot answer this question.
– April 27, 2012
Pic by Mark Ulyseas
September 21, 2011
Humans are dogs - pack animals but without the loyalty of a canine.
asia travel writer, Culture, friendship, Humans are dogs - pack animals but without the loyalty of a canine., Journalism, love, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, paradox in paradise, personal, random thoughts, travel writer, writing
Pic by Mark Ulyseas
He has been travelling for nearly seven years now ruminating on and capturing the word and the embedded subtle nuances of a life, a life free of credit cards, bank accounts and the odd financial rigmarole…a comforting disconnection from the ebb and flow of the daily grind.
Everything seemed and appeared to be in sync until he met a woman who stole his heart, ran away and then ran over it with disinterest. Nothing in his fragile life could deal with such an accident and hence death came knocking with the grim reaper grinning like a Cheshire cat.
What is to be done?
What is to be achieved?
What is to be left for those that thrive on delusion?
But a word, a gesture to be remembered and a sepia print of days gone by.
Goodbye is such a beautiful word…it encompasses everything…
… except a lie.
May 1, 2011
A Temporary Existence
A Temporary Existence, asia travel writer, daydreams, erotica, friendship, hysteria, intoxica, Journalism, life, love, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, Not even our souls, Nothing belongs to us, paradox in paradise, random thoughts, spaceship Earth, travel writer, Universal Refuse Bin, Will of our God, writing
pic by mark ulyseas
We live a temporary existence.
Aping and aspiring to all that we admire
In the never ending stream of daydreams, intoxica, erotica and hysteria.
Esoteria being the spice that makes living palatable.
All this is blended in a medium of perceived or warped reality.
We live on spaceship Earth, hurtling through Time.
Our lives are not even a blip on the Universal screen.
Yet we assume we know the purpose of our existence and Will of our God.
Nothing belongs to us.
Not even our souls.
So why do we bother killing each other for our Faith?
When this temporary existence
ends in the vortex of the Universal Refuse Bin.
November 2, 2010
Pro-zack for the Prosaic
asia travel writer, Culture, humor, Journalism, lobotomy, marculyseas, mark ulyseas, Ordinary people, personal, Pro-zack for the Prosaic, random thoughts, religious retards, tongue in check, travel writer, writing
The pill – a miracle for the prosaic – an exit to Disneyland,
a short trip then boredom sets in, the sign of satisfied ignorance.
Ordinary people are beautiful.
Ordinariness an ongoing catharsis self implanted in the cerebral cortex of those sterile of imagination and spirit. Benign bovines ruminating at a garbage dump somewhere where civic sense is absent out of choice.
- What is the correct dosage for castrated government officials and petulant politicians? 2 pills a day to be taken with sufficient delusions so that the molecules work to invigorate and perpetuate aggrandizement through the unique process of corruption, which in turn creates sycophancy, the genuflection before false gods.
- For the dispensers of medicare, 4 pills a day, the minimum dose to inculcate a sense of proportion to influence the absurd levels of fees that should be charged to those bovines susceptible to illnesses.
- The teachers that promote education by forcing children to carry books (nearly their own weight) to school and back everyday – 10 pills not to be taken orally but inserted in the prime area where the sun doesn’t shine.
- Married folk – 12 pills each to be swallowed whole during verbal intercourse so as to prevent them from fighting over the TV remote.
- For those partial to the same sex, no dose applicable.
- Others who live unconscious lives intentionally, 14 pills per day i.e. 7 orally and 7 inserted.
- Creative folk including those that vandalize public property – a placebo to be swallowed whole through a straw while lying horizontal.
- For tobacco/caffeine addicts – no dose as it may promote implosion of their pulsating extremities.
- For self appointed religious retards and other cultural contraptions – 5 pills to be ground in holy water and gently applied all over the gray cells to enhance concept of free will and other related concepts.
To be continued…