Truth depends on who is presenting it…
In the red corner stands Assad, Russia and Iran + their media
In the green corner USA, UK, operatives from Al Qaeda, Hamas, Somalis, local rebels, Chechens, Afghans, Pakistanis, Egyptians, etc. Some supply weapons, others use them. + Sympathetic international media
In category green we have basically two main groups:
– Murderous lot that often carry out the cleansing and blame it on Assad : Al Qaeda, Hamas, Somalis, Chechens, Afghans, Pakistanis, Egyptians etc.
– Local rebels who bear the brunt of Assad & Co. and also, ironically, their fighting partners extracurricular activities like rape, indiscriminate slaughter and other incidental activity.
Western nations supporting the rebels falsely assume that they (western nations) are fighting for the liberty/democratization of Syria. But in actuality they are assisting the murderous lot gain another foothold in the region. And if Assad is overthrown it is highly unlikely that the unholy gentlemen involved will simply pack up their guns and bombs and move to another theatre. Hardly, they will demand a share the spoils of war, a war between the good, the bad and the ugly.
And one cannot overlook the reason for the altruism of western nations. There is no such thing as a free lunch. They too would want their pound of flesh.
And lastly, the religious gendarmes will be waiting in the wings to ‘guide and indoctrinate’ the faithful back onto the path of peace with threats and imposition of Sharia.
Every murderous actor wins, except the audience.
They pay with their women and blood.
Here is a News report on the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria which states the obvious – that ‘all’ sides are complicit in the rape and murder of civilians and the looting of property.
Excerpts from News Report on the U.N. Independent International Commission of Inquiry on Syria: LINK
“If the national, regional and international actors fail to find a solution to the conflict and stop the agony of millions of civilians,” Pinheiro warned, “the alternative will be the political, economic and social destruction of Syria and its society, with devastating implications for the region and the world.”
The lengthy report is based on information from 443 interviews that U.N. investigators conducted inside Syria.
One of the more disturbing passages details rebels and government forces recruiting boys as young as 12. Children under 18 are seized at checkpoints, and government-affiliated militia use sectarian affiliation, kinship systems and cash to cajole children into their ranks, the paper notes. The government has used children as informants, but both they and rebels punish children who act as informants by killing them, the report says.
An uncorroborated video, investigators say, seems to show a child associated with an anti-government group beheading a prisoner.
The report says rebels frequently use schools as barracks or offices, children have taken up arms to fight and rebels have used them as lookouts.
But the war has affected the body itself. Last week, rebels detained 21 U.N. peacekeepers, claiming they came into an area where they didn’t belong and saying they suspected the peacekeepers were secretly trying to help government forces. The captives were released a few days ago.
The Syrian government, meanwhile, has consistently blamed “armed terrorist groups” for killing civilians. While the regime has often referred to opposition fighters as “terrorists,” some radical militants — such as members of the Nusra Front – have also joined the fight against the government.
Last year, the United States blacklisted the Nusra Front as a foreign terror organization. The move baffles Syrian rebels, an analyst said.
Many Syrians see the group as heroes of the revolution because of its professionalism and its willingness to fight and take causalities, said Jeffrey White, a defense analyst at The Washington Institute for Near East Policy. The organization is active in eight provinces, he said.
More than 70,000 Syrians — mostly civilians — have been killed since peaceful anti-government protests led to a fierce government crackdown, an armed uprising and a civil war with no end in sight.
On Tuesday, U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry urged patience.
“We want to stop the killing. And they want to stop the killing. The world wants to stop the killing,” he said.
End of Report
(Note: It is the USA which supplies among other things – tear gas to Egypt and Bahrain who in turn use the gas on their own citizens. One wonders what is being supplied to the “rebels” – a guide book on how to set up a democratic society ?)
What Hitler couldn’t do the EEC is doing to Britain!
The British Government is now subservient to the EEC.
The British Courts don’t have the final word in deporting undesirables like Mr. Abu Qatada, the European Court does.
Europol, EU’s crime intelligence agency has demanded access to British police files. This includes all information held by British police, including evidence files on children, victims, witnesses and other people never even suspected of a crime. LINK Telegraph.co.uk
Hitler must be laughing in his grave.
I just received a mail from a friend in Munich who has laughingly suggested that Merkel should be appointed the PM of Britain as the British won’t object because their Royal Family is of German descent.
So when are the true blue British going to stand up and stop this nonesense?
Even after the horrible Delhi Rape and the subsequent Ordinance nothing has changed. Rape is on the rise and crimes against women, too. Sadly the very people entrusted to protect the women are themselves beating them!
In the video you will see how police are dragging and beating a woman.
The body of a six year old girl was found at a garbage dump in Aligarh, about 330 kms from Lucknow, triggering large protests as her parents alleged that she had been murdered after being raped. Shocking footage of the demonstrations showed a policeman dragging and beating the child’s mother and another senior police officer beating an old lady with his lathi…
Wirathu calls himself the ‘Burmese Bin Laden’. He is a Buddhist monk who is stoking religious hatred across Burma. His paranoia and fear, muddled with racist stereotypes and unfounded rumours, have helped to incite violence and spread misinformation in a nation still stumbling towards democracy. Wirathu speaks to the Guardian at his Masoeyein monastery in Mandalay.
I wonder what the Dalai Lama has to say about these jokers?
Mazar-i-Sharif – The birthplace of Rumi is now the centre for sex starved Afghan men to go and release their sexual energies. Afghan women host clients in a network of apartments across the city. Alcohol is available for a price. Some years ago there were no cellphones or internet. Now with this technology in place the business is picking up.
- Married at age 13, Aziza Jan turned to prostitution after her husband divorced her several years ago and left her to support six children, she said. Her family has no money to assist her, and her children are too young to work.
- With a round face and an easy laugh, Aziza, 35, lives in a lavender-colored compound on a quiet street. She hosts her clients in a front parlor that is covered in carpets and pillows, with a wood-fired stove and a TV in a corner.
- Fereshta, a 25-year-old mother of three, said her life had begun to fall apart when her husband lost his construction job more than five years ago.They were forced from their home and now inhabit a shell of a building with no windows or doors and struggle to feed themselves. To survive, she said, she felt that prostituting herself was the best option, given that women are rarely allowed to work in Afghanistan.
- She learned about the business from her friends, who charge $30 to $60 for their services. She described a network similar to the one described by others: Customers call a contact, who then arranges a meeting at the customer’s house or the woman’s house. Her clients are most often single, middle-class men with money to spare.
- “We never answer the calls of people we don’t know,” she said. “They have to have a solid reference.”Without the money, her family may starve. And yet if her husband were to discover what she does to put food on the table, the consequences would be dire.
- “I’m forced to do this,” she said. “If my husband finds out, he will kill me. But what choice do I have?”
Why is it that women and children are always sexually abused by men?
General Pervez Musharraf is a wanted criminal in Pakistan.
He talks about returning for his people.
Who are his people? The terrorists he has nurtured to kill innocent Indian and Pakistani civilians?
- He has admitted that he was the one who planned the Kargil misadventure.
- He has admitted, after Wikileaks exposure, that he made a deal with the Americans to permit the use of Drones in NWFP but not over the terrorist training camps bordering India. In effect he allowed the Americans to kill Pakistani women and children.
- He took over the country in a bloodless coup and jailed the honourable judges of the High Court and Supreme Court of Pakistan.
- He has been involved in the assassination of Benazir Bhutto.
- He was directly involved in the mass slaughter of Baloch.
One hopes the honourable Pakistani Court ensures justice for the Pakistanis.
Washington, D.C. April 17, 2013 – FBI National Press Office (202) 324-3691
A second letter containing a granular substance that preliminarily tested positive for ricin was received at an offsite mail screening facility. The envelope, addressed to the President, was immediately quarantined by U.S. Secret Service personnel, and a coordinated investigation with the FBI was initiated. It is important to note that operations at the White House have not been affected as a result of the investigation.
Additionally, filters at a second government mail screening facility preliminarily tested positive for ricin this morning. Mail from that facility is being tested.
Any time suspicious powder is located in a mail facility, field tests are conducted. The field and other preliminary tests can produce inconsistent results. Any time field tests indicate the possibility of a biological agent, the material is sent to an accredited laboratory for further analysis. Only a full analysis performed at an accredited laboratory can determine the presence of a biological agent such as ricin. Those tests are currently being conducted and generally take 24 to 48 hours.
The investigation into these letters remains ongoing, and more letters may still be received. There is no indication of a connection to the attack in Boston.