Qadeer Baloch voice for Baloch Missing Persons faces death threats by Pak agencies

This is a blatant act of State terrorism. 

Qadeer Baloch, The Vice Chairman of the Voice for Baloch Missing Persons has been verbally abused and threatened with “elimination” by Pakistani’s ISI if he doesn’t stop his protest camp in front of Quetta Press Club. 

And meanwhile more Baloch are abducted…the missing persons list just gets longer as the world turns a blind eye to the slaughter.

Where is the International Criminal Court and the UN?

And why are the Western powers silent on the slaughter?

Read the truth about Balochistan:

Slaughter House Balochistan in Live Encounters Magazine – LINK

 

Live Encounters Magazine August 2012

Live Encounters Magazine August 2012

White House Press Censorship?

David Axelrod and Jim Messina of the Obama campaign. A New York Times story of July 15 revealed that members of the print media establishment with access to the White House submit their copy to government officials for review, “correction” and approval before it reaches the American people. Photo Credit:AP

There was a rather low-key confession made in the New York Times last week that deserves to be blared throughout this country so that every American understands what they are reading in the establishment’s ultra-controlled, government-managed “press” — and I use that last word loosely indeed.

The admission came in the form of a story by Jeremy Peters on the politics page of the Times July 16. I’ve been waiting for others to point it out, discuss it, debate it, express shock and exasperation over it. But I’ve waited for naught.

What this shocking story reveals is that even I — one of the kingpins of the new media and a refugee from the state-controlled spin machine – underestimated the utter and total corruption of the euphemistically called “mainstream press.”

It shows that most — not some — members of the print media establishment with access to the White House submit their copy to government officials for review, “correction” and approval before it reaches the American people!

Read more: http://times247.com/articles/nyt-reveals-media-agree-to-campaign-censorship#ixzz21VPp8F1A

Are we on the verge of a Biblical flooding – beginning of End Times?

CNN NEWS REPORT

Massive ice island breaks off Greenland glacier

The Petermann Glacier before the ice island broke off this week.

An island of ice twice the size of Manhattan broke off this week from a Greenland glacier, a University of Delaware researcher reports.

The 59-square-mile (150 square kilometers) iceberg is the second massive loss for the Petermann Glacier in two years, researcher Andreas Muenchow reports. In 2010, an ice island four times the size of Manhattan was lost from the glacier.

“While the size is not as spectacular as it was in 2010, the fact that it follows so closely to the 2010 event brings the glacier’s terminus to a location where it has not been for at least 150 years,” Muenchow says in a university press release.

The researcher says its too early to blame global warming for the loss of Greenland ice, however.

“Northwest Greenland and northeast Canada are warming more than five times faster than the rest of the world,” Muenchow says in the press release, “but the observed warming is not proof that the diminishing ice shelf is caused by this, because air temperatures have little effect on this glacier; ocean temperatures do, and our ocean temperature time series are only five to eight years long — too short to establish a robust warming signal.”

Muenchow says the massive chunk of ice is expected to eventually enter the Nares Strait between Greenland and Canada, where it will break up into smaller icebergs.

That could take a while. Pieces of the 2010 calving can still be found along the Canadian coast as far south as Labrador, Muenchow said.

READ MORE…LINK

 

Corruption is killing tigers – Indian government is handing out forests to coal companies!

Hi Mark,

ACT NOW 
PROTECT THE FORESTS

Corruption is killing tigers. The government is handing out forests to coal companies.

It’s the biggest scam ever. [1] Between 2004-2009 the Coal Ministry, then under the Prime Minister, allocated coal mines to companies and government bodies at a throw-away price. The loss of  10.67 lakh crores projected by the CAG doesn’t even account for forests, wildlife and the livelihood of forest communities that will be destroyed by coal mining.

Even after the scam was unearthed, forests in Mahan, in Madhya Pradesh have received provisional clearance to be destroyed for coal mining. [2] This will be followed by the destruction of other forests like Chandrapur in Maharashtra and across Central India. The government needs to protect them instead of giving them away for free.

You should ask the Prime Minister to stop all new coal allocations and forest clearances until the scam has been investigated and there is a clear demarcation of areas that shouldn’t be mined.

http://www.junglistan.org/act

The only way to get the PM act is to show him that lakhs in this country want him to protect their forests. In October he will be hosting an international Convention on Bio-diversity (CBD). This will be the ideal time to present him with our petition to save the forests from coal mining.

Coal is not the only way to provide electricity. Renewable energy and efficient use of the energy already available to us can save our forests from being destroyed.[3]

Many forests dependent communities are already fighting to save their forests. Join them and strengthen the movement to protect the forests.

Help stop the destruction. Take action now.

http://www.junglistan.org/act

Thanks!


Brikesh Singh
Greenpeace India

CLICK HERE FOR HINDI VERSION

P.S. Want to support our campaigns? We don’t take money from any corporation, government or political party! We never have, and we never will. Do help Greenpeace remain fiercely and proudly independent. We will send you Greenpeace India t-shirt as a thank you for your contribution. Click here to chip in.

Sources:

  1. CAG coal mine report: Govt lost Rs 10.67 lakh cr by giving ‘undue benefits’ to firms, Business Standard, March 22, 2012.http://businesstoday.intoday.in/story/cag-coal-scam-report-upa-government/1/23419.html
  2. Essar Energy gets clearance for Mahan coal block in Madhya Pradesh, The Economic Times, June 25, 2012.http://articles.economictimes.indiatimes.com/2012-06-25/news/32409214_1_chief-executive-naresh-nayyar-essar-energy-plc-vadinar
  3. Renewable energy can power the world, says landmark IPCC study, Guardian, May 9, 2011 http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2011/may/09/ipcc-renewable-energy-power-world

FBI – Celebrating Women Special Agents!

Agents at Academy
Joanne Pierce Misko, in red and lower right, and Susan Roley Malone, seen at the FBI Training Academy in 1972, and today, were the first women of the modern era to become special agents.

Celebrating Women Special Agents
Part 2: Two Women Blaze a Trail in 1972

07/17/12

They were known as the nun and the Marine. The respective backgrounds of Joanne Pierce Misko and Susan Roley Malone could not have been more dissimilar. But 40 years ago, on July 17, 1972, the two women were drawn together by a shared goal—to become FBI special agents.

Firsts in Their Field

On July 17, 1972, the first two women of the modern era entered the FBI Training Academy at Quantico, Virginia.
This is the second story in our series marking the 40-year anniversary of women special agents.

– Part 1: May 12, 1972, A New Chapter is Opened


Joanne Pierce Misko (video thumbnail)

Joanne Pierce Misko

Joanne Pierce Misko was a nun in New York for 10 years before joining the FBI in 1970 as a researcher. When the opportunity arose in 1972 to become one of the first women special agents, her boss at the time explained all the pluses and minuses. “Okay,” she said. “I still want to do it.”

– Story: How a Former Nun Became an FBI Agent
– Video: Misko Talks About Her Experiences


Susan Roley Malone (video thumbnail)

Susan Roley Malone

Susan Roley Malone was in the Marine Corps when the FBI opened new-agent training to women. She always admired the Bureau—she spent a year researching the FBI for an eighth-grade project. When women were allowed into the Academy, she said, “I was encouraged by my friends and my own desires, and I applied.”

– Story: A Marine’s Grade-School Dream is Realized
– Video: Malone Talks About Her Experiences

Up until then, under the leadership of longtime FBI Director J. Edgar Hoover, only men could be agents. But just weeks after Hoover died in May 1972, the Bureau’s acting director—motivated in part by new equal rights laws—changed the men-only policy that had been in place since the Prohibition Era. So on a balmy Monday exactly four decades ago, the two women assembled with 43 similarly pressed and starched men at FBI Headquarters to take their oath before heading down to the FBI Training Academy in Quantico, Virginia for 14 weeks (now 20) of physical and mental conditioning.

The new agent training was tough enough on its own—firearms, strength, endurance, self-defense, academics. But for Misko and Malone, who were expected to meet the requirements long in place for males, there was the added dimension of their novelty, which was not universally embraced at first.

“I’m sure when they first saw that there were two women in their class it was like, ‘Oh, we got them,’” Misko recalled in a recent interview. Malone, who had already broken some stereotypes as a Marine, remembers a fellow classmate confronting her during a break, brusquely asking why she thought she could be an FBI agent. “And I sat down and I talked to him,” Malone stated. “I said, ‘I love my country just like you do. I want to be here for the same reasons that you want to be here.’” He heard her out. And in the weeks that followed, the two women set out to demonstrate that they belonged in their coveted slots in New Agent Class 73-1. They won over some of the most ardent doubters by rising to every challenge and helping their classmates over some hurdles along the way. In the crucible of training, the group bonded quickly.

“We got along pretty well and everybody kind of pulled together as a class,” said Misko, who was 31 at the time. “Because in training I think we were all in the same boat. We were all trying to prove ourselves.”

Permitting women into the ranks of special agents was a big story at the time, but the Bureau tried to minimize distractions in order to maintain the integrity of training. “They wanted us to be like any other agent,” said Malone, who was 25 when she entered the FBI Academy. “They didn’t want to make this inordinately special or set us apart from our fellow agents. I think that was very important at the time. We wanted to be just another agent.”

Despite following wildly divergent paths to Quantico and having very little in common, Misko and Malone—the nun and the Marine—leaned on each other to get through training. “We supported each other,” said Malone. “We were complementary. We worked together. We would practice the run at night, we would go to the gym and work out. We were allies. There’s that bond there when you’re someone’s roommate and you’re going through the same training. That’s a lifelong bond.”

Misko and Malone completed the training in October 1972 and, like all new agents, received orders to report to one of the Bureau’s field offices. Malone was sent to Omaha and Misko to St. Louis. Both women recall being met with some initial resistance in the ranks, but quickly showed they could pull their weight. The former roommates would cross paths occasionally in their successful careers. They recognize today they were trailblazers, but that was never their goal.

“I honestly didn’t see myself as a pioneer,” said Misko, now 71. “It was just a role that I was fortunate enough to become a part of.”

Malone, 65, echoed Misko’s comments. “I was an agent first and Joanne was an agent first. We wanted to be agents first. We just happened to be women.

China Gave Nuclear Weapons to Saudi Arabia – CIA Contractor

NEWS REPORT

CIA Contractor’s Online Book Brings Suit – By RYAN ABBOTT

ALEXANDRIA, Va. (CN) – Former CIA contractor Jonathan Scherck published a book “containing intelligence-related information” without the CIA’s permission and in violation of his secrecy agreements, the United States claims in Federal Court.Scherck’s self-published book, “Patriot Lost,” claims China gave nuclear weapons to Saudi Arabia during George W. Bush’s presidency, according to an excerpt from the book available on the Amazon.com Internet page this morning. The book contains other harsh criticisms of the G.W. Bush presidency.

Federal prosecutors say in their complaint that Scherck signed secrecy agreements with the CIA in 2004 and 2007, and agreed to let the agency review any materials he planned to publish, including works of fiction, which mention intelligence activities.

Scherck submitted the manuscript for “Patriot Lost” to the CIA for review in 2010, and the CIA did not approve its publication, but Scherck published it online a few months later, according to the complaint.

“In his contractor position with the CIA, defendant Scherck was granted regular access to classified information, including information regarding intelligence sources and methods,” the complaint states. “In granting defendant Scherck access to such information, the CIA relied on the expectation that defendant Scherck would respect the rights and obligations created by the secrecy agreements and his fiduciary duties, including the prepublication review requirement.”

In the excerpt from his book, Scherck writes: “As I will lay out in much greater detail, I believe the People’s Republic of China delivered a turn-key nuclear ballistic missile system to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia over the course of several years beginning no later than December 2003. This illicit transfer, a flagrant violation of the Non-Proliferation Treaty, occurred while Dick Cheney was managing both the intelligence and foreign policy portfolios of the George W. Bush administration.”

Scherck says in the book that he worked as a collection management officer in the CIA from mid-January 2005 to April 3, 2007.

“I was one of only a few individuals in Washington with access to what was being said overseas at the time about Saudi Arabia’s procurement of a new ballistic missile system from China,” according to the book. “I read things, I heard things, I saw things. Admittedly, I did not see all – but I saw enough.”

Uncle Sam claims Scherck violated his fiduciary duty to the agency. It wants all the money he’s made from the book, and an injunction preventing further distribution.”

END OF REPORT LINK

Is Australia funding Indonesian Death Squads – Densus 88 in West Papua?

Statement by the West Papua Project, Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies,
University of Sydney, 16th July, 2012

Questions are being asked about the role that the partly Australian funded
and trained elite Indonesian police squad, Densus (Detachment) 88, has
played during the recent violence in West Papua. Set up in the wake of the
Bali terrorist bombings, Densus 88’s mandate was to tackle the rise of
domestic terrorism in Indonesia. Australian support might have been
motivated by revenge as well: 88 Australians were killed in the Bali attack.
While acclaimed for capturing or killing known and suspected terrorists,
Densus 88 also gained a reputation for extreme violence: many suspects being
killed rather than arrested. Now reports are suggesting that Densus 88 is
operating in West Papua, possibly clandestinely, and has been responsible
for the assassination-like killing of Papuan political activist, Mako
Tabuni, on June 14.

While Indonesian National Police spokesman, Saud Usman Nasution, has denied
Densus 88 is operating in West Papua he has left the door open for their
involvement, saying in the Jakarta Globe on June 27, “Densus will be
deployed if terrorism occurred there.” However other reports, for instance
from Kontras Papua, a local human rights organization, state that Densus 88
is already operating in West Papua “carrying out undercover activities”
(Cenderwasih Pos, June 23). Kontras Papua believes that Densus 88 was
involved in the Tabuni killing – where the victim is reported to have been
standing in the street eating betel nut when three unmarked cars pulled up
nearby. With no provocation a person emerged from one car and shot the
victim dead.

Police report that the victim had tried to snatch a weapon from the
plainclothes police involved and was killed in the resulting fracas. Police
also claim that Mako Tabuni was wanted for a series of shootings that had
occurred in Jayapura over the previous few weeks: a claim that seems
unlikely given his role as Deputy Director of KNPB (the West Papua National
Committee), which is a non-violent political organization. Tabuni had also
been publicly calling for an independent investigation into the recent
shootings of which he was accused. Nonetheless, any charges should have been
heard in court and given due legal process, now impossible with Tabuni’s
death. Other reports of Densus 88 activities in West Papua have come from
respected Papuan leaders. Reliable sources observed Densus 88 police arrest
KNPB member, Zakeus Hupla, in the lobby of the Dhanny Hotel, Entrop,
Jayapura, on the morning of June 23. Other reports indicate further arrests
of KNPB members by Densus 88 and their subsequent torture. According to
family members, no arrest warrants were issued by Indonesian police for
these arrests, and the Jayapura police deny that the KNPB members are in
their custody. Indeed it is unclear if these men have been arrested,
abducted or ‘disappeared.’

These events are of genuine interest and concern to Australia because
Australian taxpayers’ money is spent training and maintaining Densus 88.
This organization has a legitimate role to play in countering the rise of
terrorism, but it should act strictly within its organisational mandate. If
Australian taxpayers are indeed partially funding a clandestine force
involved in killings, abduction and torture of Papuan activists an
unacceptable situation has developed. These events and allegations must be
comprehensively investigated and all funding for Densus 88 frozen until
either the allegations have been disproved or the individual police officers
guilty of crimes arrested and tried in an open court. We call on the
Australian government to immediately halt the funding of Densus 88, to
investigate the claims of its misconduct, and to apologise to the Papuan
people if they are proven to be true.

Dr. Jim Elmslie West Papua Project co-convener 0407 913 870
Dr. Peter King West Papua Project co-convener 0422 647 025
Dr. Cammi Webb-Gannon West Papua Project co-ordinator 0408 727 367
Joe Collins Australia West Papua Association (Sydney) 0407 785 797
Budi Hernawan OFM Australian National University 02 6125 7065
Eko Waluyo Indonesian Solidarity 0416 809 107
Jason Macleod University of Queensland 0402 746 002